Re: BETA3 Release Notes

From: Rainer Duffner <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 23:31:07 +0200
Am So, den 05.09.2004 schrieb Scott Long um 23:13:

>      - There are scattered reports of data corruption on SMP systems
>        under high load.  This could be due to a known bug in the gvinum
>        subsystem, but it could be due to unknown factors.  We are
>        investigating this and hope to correct it soon.

Is there any kind of benchmark/load-testing toolkit that one can run and
see if this is reproduceable ?

Whatever I do, the load goes barely above 2 (SCHED_ULE, I think), but
that may be "normal".

cheers,
Rainer
~     Rainer Duffner - rainer_at_ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~