Re: resuming portupgrade

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2004 17:35:42 -0400
On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 16:48, Matt Emmerton wrote:
> > i de_install xpm, but how to resume the portupgrade -f?
>
> Just run it again.  It will only upgrade ports that are still out-of-date --
> ie, the ones that didn't get upgraded the first time because of the XFree
> error.

Not with -f, it'll rebuild everything again.

I would say that, if the previous run succeeded except for
XFree86-4-libraries and its dependents, the correct invocation would be:

portupgrade -fvr x11/XFree86-4-libraries

to force upgrading of XFree86-4-libraries and all installed ports that
depend on it.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery_at_kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu