Re: BETA3 showstoppers (read: critical bugs)

From: Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 13:11:24 +0200
Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org> writes:

> You updated sources, recompiled your kernel, recompiled your world with
> -DNOCLEAN and it didn't update Netgraph-related utils?  I can hardly
> believe that...  The header has changed, so all utils should have
> been recompiled (if of course you recompiled them through buildworld).

Indeed, I did things for the -BETA3 update the usual way:

# build user-space
cd /usr/src
make -DNOCLEAN buildworld
# build kernel-space
cd /sys/i386/conf
config MA5
cd ../compile/MA5
make depend
make
# install everything
make install
cd /usr/src
make installworld
# update configuration
mergemaster -i
# get kernel
reboot

I know the official way is to reboot into the new kernel before the
installworld, but the reboot and installworld together should have fixed
the problem anyways.

Running "make clean all install" in the ngctl, nghook and ppp
directories fixed the problems I was seeing.

--
Matthias Andree

Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)