Re: BETA3 showstoppers (read: critical bugs)

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:04:40 +0300
On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 05:18:25AM +0200, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:
>
> >> More info pls. You have created bridge using ng_bridge(4) but
> >> 'ngctl list' is empty?
> >
> > Yes indeed. I have used the /usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether.bridge,
> > copied it to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ether.bridge.sh and made this change:
>
> Heck. I missed the netgraph message format change. Recompiling nghook,
> ngctl and ppp fixed /this/ part, so PR kern/71424 is void, my netgraph
> stats are back and ppp finds its interface.
>
> I wonder if the dependency information is complete - apparently the
> netgraph-dependent stuff doesn't list a libnetgraph dependency in its
> Makefile or depend information and hence the system drifts apart.

What do you mean?

You updated sources, recompiled your kernel, recompiled your world with
-DNOCLEAN and it didn't update Netgraph-related utils?  I can hardly
believe that...  The header has changed, so all utils should have
been recompiled (if of course you recompiled them through buildworld).

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru_at_FreeBSD.org