Re: BETA3 showstoppers (read: critical bugs)

From: Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 05:18:25 +0200
Matthias Andree <ma_at_dt.e-technik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

>> More info pls. You have created bridge using ng_bridge(4) but
>> 'ngctl list' is empty?
>
> Yes indeed. I have used the /usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether.bridge,
> copied it to /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ether.bridge.sh and made this change:

Heck. I missed the netgraph message format change. Recompiling nghook,
ngctl and ppp fixed /this/ part, so PR kern/71424 is void, my netgraph
stats are back and ppp finds its interface.

I wonder if the dependency information is complete - apparently the
netgraph-dependent stuff doesn't list a libnetgraph dependency in its
Makefile or depend information and hence the system drifts apart.

The following issue remains though, just checked:

--
Matthias Andree

NOTE YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE MY MAIL IF YOU'RE USING SPF!
Encrypted mail welcome: my GnuPG key ID is 0x052E7D95 (PGP/MIME preferred)