Re: bsdtar breakage on 5.3-BETA2

From: Will Froning <wfroning_at_angui.sh>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 10:09:24 -0700 (PDT)
=>> On a FBSD4.10 box I have created a tar file of a users home directory
=>> and then copied it over to a 5.3-BETA2 box (MD5 checksums match).
=>>
=> > [ ... file with long name gets reported as a dir instead of regular
=>file ....]
=> >
=>
=>Good catch!  The code for handling certain
=>very old tar archives was getting confused
=>by the long filename extensions.
=>
=>The attached patch fixes it for me.
=>If you have a chance, apply it to
=>src/lib/libarchive and then rebuild
=>both libarchive and src/usr.bin/tar and
=>let me know if this fixes it for you as well.

This seems to fix it for me.  Thanks for the quick turn around!  Sorry
for the long delay, Las Vegas was busy taking all my money over the
holiday weekend.

Thanks,
Will

--