Re: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL

From: Jason Andresen <jandrese_at_mitre.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 11:11:53 -0400
jason wrote:

>> I'm trying to run neverball (ports/games/neverball), which is OpenGL 3D
>> game. But it fails to start with error message:
>>
>> $ neverball neverball: X11 driver not configured with OpenGL
>>
>> I'm using 5.2.1-RELEASE with nVidia binary drivers
>> nvidia-driver-1.0.6113, but the same effect was with older drivers.
>>
>> Please, help me to undertand what direction should I dig to?

I think there was a version of the nvidia driver in the ports tree that
didn't install the glx module correctly.  I ran into the same problem
earlier and a portupgrade -f nvidia-driver fixed the problem.  You can
also check your X log to see if the glx module failed to load (mine had
old symbols in it).