Re: 5.3-BETA3 serial console

From: Marian Hettwer <Mh_at_kernel32.de>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 18:10:24 +0200
Hi Mike,

Mike Hunter wrote:
> On Sep 08, "Marian Hettwer" wrote:
>

> Sorry this doesn't answer the question, but what's the status of using
> "-h" in /boot.config instead of mucking with the /etc files?  Is that The
/boot.config is toggling around with the serial console for the boot
loader and the bootup process.
/etc/ttys is needed to enable a serial console after the bootprocess is
finished. Thing of something like a getty in Linux running on ttyS0 ...

at least this is how I understood serial consoles in FreeBSD-4 ...

If I was wrong, I'm sure somebody on this list would correct me ;)

best regards,
Marian