Re: Wine and mmap

From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald_at_pfeifer.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:05:48 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 6 Sep 2004, Anish Mistry wrote:
> Well I guess this is my lucky day.  Apply the attached patch for vm_mmap to
> your kernel and patch the August wine sources with the wine-mmap.patch and
> compile and install wine (be sure to use gmake).  This is working on my dev
> system with 6-CURRENT as of Saturday night.

I currently do not have a 6-CURRENT (or recent 5-STABLE) machine
available, and we probably can't require users of our wine port to
patch their kernel, so we'd really need to see that in a stock kernel.

Is there any chance someone could review/apply that patch=

> The wine mmap patch just doesn't reserve the DOS area so DOS programs may not
> work.  This seems to just work around a side effect of the kernel mmap patch.

This i can get into Wine quite easily.

> I still think that the kernel mmap patch has issues so I'm hoping Alan
> can give us some feedback.

Alan?

> Anyway this worked for me, YMMV.

Thanks a lot!