Re: bad shared library ordering

From: Michael Reifenberger <mike_at_Reifenberger.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:57:27 +0200 (CEST)
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Sean McNeil wrote:

> Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:22:32 -0700
> From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
> To: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
> Subject: bad shared library ordering
>
> I have had issues with kadmin on amd64 for quite a while.  It turns out
> to be an issue with library ordering.  libcrypto.so is used by kadmin.
> There is one in /usr/lib that points to /lib/libcrypto.so.3 (the correct
> one) and one in /usr/local/lib which points to
> /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.3 (comes from security/openssl).

> If I temporarily rename the one in /usr/local/lib then kadmin doesn't
> core dump on me.

This is not a -current problen.
It's not a problem of your base system either.
Your ldap/sasl ports are not compiled with WITH_OPENSSL_BASE=yes
in /etc/make.conf

Bye/2
---
Michael Reifenberger, Business Development Manager SAP-Basis, Plaut Consulting
Comp: Michael.Reifenberger_at_plaut.de | Priv: Michael_at_Reifenberger.com
       http://www.plaut.de           |       http://www.Reifenberger.com