Re: bad shared library ordering

From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 15:38:52 -0700
On Mon, 2004-09-13 at 14:57, Michael Reifenberger wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2004, Sean McNeil wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 13:22:32 -0700
> > From: Sean McNeil <sean_at_mcneil.com>
> > To: freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
> > Subject: bad shared library ordering
> >
> > I have had issues with kadmin on amd64 for quite a while.  It turns out
> > to be an issue with library ordering.  libcrypto.so is used by kadmin.
> > There is one in /usr/lib that points to /lib/libcrypto.so.3 (the correct
> > one) and one in /usr/local/lib which points to
> > /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.3 (comes from security/openssl).

> > If I temporarily rename the one in /usr/local/lib then kadmin doesn't
> > core dump on me.
> >

> This is not a -current problen.
> It's not a problem of your base system either.
> Your ldap/sasl ports are not compiled with WITH_OPENSSL_BASE=yes
> in /etc/make.conf

This isn't what I was alluding to.  Yes, since I discovered this I've
deleted the package and I'm rebuilding everything.  Don't even need
WITH_OPENSSL_BASE set.  I think the issue is that, perhaps, rpath is
being used and so the /usr/local/lib version wins.  If this is the case
then I see nothing wrong and I just need to do some cleanup.

Cheers,
Sean