Re: bad shared library ordering

From: Jeremie Le Hen <jeremie.le-hen_at_epita.fr>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:08:15 +0200
> This isn't what I was alluding to.  Yes, since I discovered this I've
> deleted the package and I'm rebuilding everything.  Don't even need
> WITH_OPENSSL_BASE set.  I think the issue is that, perhaps, rpath is
> being used and so the /usr/local/lib version wins.  If this is the case
> then I see nothing wrong and I just need to do some cleanup.

I suppose you know about the /etc/ld-elf.so.conf file described in section
FILES of ldconfig(8) manual page ; but the granularity is unfortunately
per-directory, and I think the only way to link with a specific library
instead of the first-coming one is to use tricky options of ld(1).  You
may want to see -l and the -L one.

--
Jeremie LE HEN aka TtZ/TataZ                          jeremie.le-hen_at_epita.fr
                                                                 ttz_at_epita.fr