Re: max. partition size on 5.x

From: Rainer Duffner <rainer_at_ultra-secure.de>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 01:05:38 +0200
Scott Long wrote:

>On Tue, 14 Sep 2004, Rainer Duffner wrote:
>>
>> A howto  for gpt would also be good.
>> Not that I need one now, but now that 1GB mail-storage has come en vogue....
>>

>> cheers,
>> Rainer
>>

>See http://www.freebsd.org/projects/bigdisk.  It's not complete yet by any
>means, but it gives some useful info.

I see, thanks.

So, the current status is that though it may be possible to create a
partition > 2 TB, several utilities may show "odd" behaviour (according
to that page)  ?

Well, as I said, it's not currently a problem for me (yet).
But what is one supposed to do ? Use Linux with 2.6-kernel as
NFS-server, partition the disk into 2 TB- (or 1 TB) chunks and mount
those indivually ?

This should in no way be understood as a criticism, it's merely a question.

cheers,
Rainer

~     Rainer Duffner - rainer_at_ultra-secure.de     ~
~           Freising - Munich - Germany           ~
~    Unix - Linux - BSD - OpenSource - Security   ~
~  http://www.ultra-secure.de/~rainer/pubkey.pgp  ~