Re: de0 doze off

From: Raphael H. Becker <rabe_at_p-i-n.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 23:41:40 +0200
On Fri, Sep 17, 2004 at 02:42:39PM -0400, Robert Watson wrote:
> > > Another possible testing avenue (which might be slightly unstable but
> > > would illustrate the point) would be to leave debug.mpsafenet=1,

done

> > > disable preemption,

done

> > > and remove the IFF_NEEDSGIANT flag from the if_de driver flags.
[snip: diff]

done

> Looks good.  This may result in reduced stability, but it may also tell us
> specifically if there's a problem with the IFF_NEEDSGIANT mechanism.

two parallel wget saturate the link to an average of ~12MByte/sec
(netstat 1) for some hours. seems to work perfect now, constant full speed.

I transferred around 180 copies of the miniinst.iso and ran a md5 on
lots of the file to detect xfer-errors, nothing failed, no more errors.

HTH

Raphael Becker