Asus A7N8X: Boot failure under Beta 4 and 5

From: Joao Barros <joao.barros_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:44:35 +0100
Trying to install FreeBSD on the last Winblows machine at home was a no go.
The kernel "pauses" at boot. I thought it stopped completely but after
pressing the power button I realized there was still something alive:

acpi: suspend request ignored (not ready yet)

Notes:
- boot fails under Beta4 and Beta5 with and without ACPI or safe mode.
- managed to boot 5.2 without ACPI

Anyone with this board booting properly?