Re: 5.3-BETA5-i386-disc1 bootstrap failures

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:28:02 -0700
David Boyd wrote:
> This may just be noise, but I'll send it anywho.
>
> The ACPI/APIC/SMP problem described in several missives on this list was
> introduced (imho) between noon on September 17th and noon on September 18th.
>
> I have built from CVS (cvsup) the following kernels:
>
> 	2004.09.17.12.00.00
> 	2004.09.18.00.00.00
> 	2004.09.18.06.00.00
> 	2004.09.18.12.00.00

Thanks for the datapoint.  I assume you are tracking RELENG_5?

I could only find one ACPI commit to RELENG_5 around this time.  Please
recompile with the following files:

acpi_thermal.c rev 1.48
acpi_powerres.c rev 1.26

You can download them here:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_thermal.c?rev=1.48&content-type=text/plain
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/sys/dev/acpica/acpi_powerres.c?rev=1.26&content-type=text/plain

Merely copy these into /sys/dev/acpica, recompile the acpi module (or
whole kernel) and reboot.

--
Nate