Re: 5.3-BETA5-i386-disc1 bootstrap failures

From: David Syphers <dsyphers_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2004 22:56:37 -0700
On Saturday 25 September 2004 11:08 am, Nate Lawson wrote:
> David Syphers wrote:
> >>This is the same problem I reported yesterday (with the more generic
> >>subject of "can't install 5.3-BETA5"). Booting in "safe mode" worked
> >> fine, and got me to the installation screen.
> >
> > The list has been quiet about this, so I assume it's a rare problem.
>
> Actually, at least I need more info to even know where to begin.  How
> about dmesg for starters?

Sure. I just didn't see a call for info. dmesg attached. (I went ahead and
installed 5.3-BETA5 with APIC disabled, and built a custom kernel without
apic. This is the dmesg for a boot on that kernel. If you need one of the
failure, I gave the error and context from a verbose boot several days ago in
the "can't install 5.3-BETA5" thread.) If you need anything else, please ask.

-David