Re: WIP: /etc/rc.d/xdm RCORDER problems

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_linux.gr>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:16:30 +0300
On 2004-09-27 14:50, Jose M Rodriguez <josemi_at_freebsd.jazztel.es> wrote:
> I have now a working /etc/rc.d/xdm script for booting
> Xorg(XDMCP)/gdm/kdm/xdm.
> But I have reached a problem.
>
> The xdm script requires LOGIN syscons and moused.
> But xdm is take very early by rcorder and gets running before init launch
> the gettys.
> For a safe solution, I think that /etc/rc.d/xdm must tagged 'nostart' and
> launch from /etc/ttys.
> No. In this case must become a real wrapper.
>
> But I recall that gnome users do this from /usr/X11R6/etc/rc.d/gdm.sh
> without too much problems
>
> So, I think that must be a real /etc/rc.d/ problem
>
> After a first look, IMHO, seems that a lot of BEFORE tags are missing.  At
> last several BEFORE: LOGIN.
>
> rcorder -k FreeBSD -s nostart /etc/rc.d/*
> /etc/rc.d/LOGIN
> /etc/rc.d/syscons
> /etc/rc.d/xdm
> /etc/rc.d/watchdogd
> /etc/rc.d/sshd
> /etc/rc.d/sendmail
> /etc/rc.d/archdep
> /etc/rc.d/abi
> /etc/rc.d/cron
> /etc/rc.d/devfs
> /etc/rc.d/jail
> /etc/rc.d/localpkg
> /etc/rc.d/netoptions
> /etc/rc.d/securelevel
> /etc/rc.d/resolv
> /etc/rc.d/pcvt
> /etc/rc.d/othermta
> /etc/rc.d/nsswitch
> /etc/rc.d/msgs
> /etc/rc.d/mixer
> /etc/rc.d/inetd
> /etc/rc.d/bgfsck
>
> This is FreeBSD-5BETA5
> May I send-pr this?

Sure, you can always send-pr something that bothers you.  In this case
though, IMHO, you should wait a bit.

Some of the rc.d scripts you listed above have a `REQUIRE: LOGIN' line.
This will create a dependency problem if combined with a line that
contains `BEFORE: LOGIN', since a script cannot depend on LOGIN to start
but start before LOGIN.

The scripts that depend on LOGIN and are listed above are:

    /etc/rc.d/syscons:# REQUIRE: LOGIN usbd
    /etc/rc.d/sshd:# REQUIRE: LOGIN
    /etc/rc.d/sendmail:# REQUIRE: LOGIN
    /etc/rc.d/archdep:# REQUIRE: LOGIN