Re: rcorder /etc/rc.d and initdiskless

From: Brooks Davis <brooks_at_one-eyed-alien.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:44:32 -0700
On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 10:31:48PM +0200, John Hay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At the moment on a diskless machine /etc/rc determines the order of
> /etc/rc.d/* before /etc/rc.d/initdiskless is run, so you can't use
> initdiskless to add files to /etc/rc.d/ when it populates /etc and
> expect them to be used during startup.
>
> I have a few diskless machines and thought of adding specific
> startup scripts to specific machines in their /conf/<ip>/etc/rc.d/
> directories. :-) It does get put in their /etc/rc.d/ directories,
> but it isn't excecuted at starup.
>
> Have anybody got a workaround for this?

I do, but I haven't found time to finish it up and get the required
changes to rcorder pushed through NetBSD.  My basic plan was to mark
some scripts (preseedrandom and initdiskless) with an "early" keyboard
and run them manually before running all scripts without the early
keyword.  I've added an item to my todo list to get the rcorder changes
done and tested.

-- Brooks