? witness_get: witness exhausted ? Re(4): panic: sorele

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen_at_ispro.net.tr>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 04:09:51 -0700
John Baldwin wrote:

> On Monday 27 September 2004 09:34 pm, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
>>Robert Watson wrote:

>>>It's the result of an inconsistency detected by the kernel regarding
>>>kernel invariants for sockets.  The somewhat uninformative nature of the
>>>message is historical, and should probably be fixed.  If this is
>>>reproduceable, could you rebuild your kernel with INVARIANTS support, as
>>>well as DDB so you can generate a stack trace and other debugging
>>>information (or, if you have a core, could you use gdb to extract
>>>debugging information per the Handbook?)
>>
>>I am not able to compile the kernel with DDB and INVARIANTS either...
>>When I put these options to kernel conf, I get this error
>>
>>Options Added:
>>
>>options         INVARIANTS
>>options         KDB
>>options         DDB
>

> INVARIANTS requires the option 'INVARIANT_SUPPORT'.

Well, now I could compile the kernel with invariants etc. but I get this
error at boot time.

witness_get: witness exhausted

What does this mean now? :) I read from archives that it means that some
buffers are exhausted that it doesnt do lock order checking anymore, but
why would it give that error at boot time?

Thanks,
Evren