Re: panic: sorele

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen_at_ispro.net.tr>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 03:57:07 -0700
John Baldwin wrote:

> On Monday 27 September 2004 09:34 pm, Evren Yurtesen wrote:
>
>>Robert Watson wrote:

>>>It's the result of an inconsistency detected by the kernel regarding
>>>kernel invariants for sockets.  The somewhat uninformative nature of the
>>>message is historical, and should probably be fixed.  If this is
>>>reproduceable, could you rebuild your kernel with INVARIANTS support, as
>>>well as DDB so you can generate a stack trace and other debugging
>>>information (or, if you have a core, could you use gdb to extract
>>>debugging information per the Handbook?)
>>
>>I am not able to compile the kernel with DDB and INVARIANTS either...
>>When I put these options to kernel conf, I get this error
>>
>>Options Added:
>>
>>options         INVARIANTS
>>options         KDB
>>options         DDB
>

> INVARIANTS requires the option 'INVARIANT_SUPPORT'.

Good point, one sometimes wonders why options INVARIANTS doesnt
automatically include options INVARIANT_SUPPORT :)

Another thing is that there is so little information about what is
needed in handbook(at least I couldnt find) and not even in sample
config files so...

But thanks, now it seems like compiling... I will just try to get a dump
of the kernel when it crash

Evren