Re: Mixer settings revert to zero

From: Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu_at_people.tecnik93.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:40:09 +0300
 [ dougb_at_ last touched the rc.d/mixer, but a log ago and I don't see any
 problem, cc'ed however, sorry for the noise ]

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:02:12 +0930
Adam Smith <adam_at_internode.com.au> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 09:21:26AM +0300, Ion-Mihai Tetcu said:
> > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:53:02 +0930
> > > But this doesn't seem to be happening.  The release notes also say the
> > > device driver's name is still pcm, however I couldn't find this in
> > > /boot/device.hints.  In my particular case, I am using the device ich for
> > > my sound.
> > >
> *snip*
> >
> > At least for me not the detection is the problem, but the result is the same:
>
> Do you mean detection of the mixer itself, or the mixer detecting my sound
> device?
>
> My sound drivers are loaded as I have a /dev/dsp that works, but I think my
> mixer can't see my ich drivers.
>
> I have a /dev/mixer0.

What I meant is that I have the same problem (but different sound chip)
since BETA3, with all mixer's volumes 0 after a reboot. And it doesn't
seems to be a driver problem, since all the sound components seem to be
detected right and the current states are saved  to /var/db/mixer0-state
/ restored when I start or stop by hand /etc/rc.d/mixer

Only on boot the volumes are set to 0, no matter what it is in
/var/db/mixer0-state

Maybe there has been a change in the rc subsystem and the keywords are
now wrong ? I didn't found any.

$FreeBSD: src/etc/rc.d/mixer,v 1.3 2004/03/27 09:26:22 dougb Exp $
# PROVIDE: mixer
# REQUIRE: LOGIN usbd
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD nojail shutdown

--