Re: panic "bio_completed can't be greater than bio_length" on CURRENT

From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed_at_reedmedia.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:04:44 -0700 (PDT)
> Anyone seeing this?
>
> panic("bio_completed can't be greater than bio_length")

I upgraded and old laptop running 5.1 to -current this week. I have had
that message twice. Once on first reboot with new kernel but old userland
when I ran "fsck /usr". I typed in my notes:

ad0: TIMEOUT - READ retrying (2 retries left) LBA=235520522
panic: bio_completed can't be greater than bio_length
cpuid = 0
KDB: enter: panic
[thread 100027]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x2b: nop
db>

I thought this was because of old fsck. So I rebooted, didn't run fsck,
and finished the install of userland.

Later, I started receiving random messages like:

ad0: TIMEOUT - READ retrying (2 retries left) LBA=101139222
ad0: WARNING - WRITE no interrupt but good status
(four times)

It went into kernel debugger again (but I don't know when):

panic: bio_completed can't be greater than bio_length
cpuid = 0
KDB: enter: panic
[thread 100027]
Stopped at      kdb_enter+0x2b: nop
db>

It sits at that prompt now.

I am running OLDCARD kernel. (I don't know if it is needed still, but I
had to use it before.)

 Jeremy C. Reed

p.s. Please CC me on replies.