Re: panic: sorele

From: Vlad <marchenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 22:35:39 -0400
my config below,  the only difference when it crashes is two lines
with SMP and apic uncommented.
server is a dual p3 on intel-STL2 motherboard, 1.5gig ram, adatec 2100  raid5
it runs apache webserver with ad-serving application written on
modperl. accepting several tens of http requests a second (usually
it's a click or impression sort of requests, they are small request /
rediredct responce).
Postgresql database is running on the same server.
postfix mail server

that's all

-----
machine     i386
cpu     I686_CPU
ident       DC1

# To statically compile in device wiring instead of /boot/device.hints
#hints      "GENERIC.hints"     # Default places to look for devices.

options     SCHED_4BSD      # 4BSD scheduler
#options        SCHED_ULE
options     INET            # InterNETworking
options     FFS         # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options     SOFTUPDATES     # Enable FFS soft updates support
#options    UFS_ACL         # Support for access control lists
options     UFS_DIRHASH     # Improve performance on big directories
options     MD_ROOT         # MD is a potential root device
options     MSDOSFS         # MSDOS Filesystem
options     CD9660          # ISO 9660 Filesystem
options     PROCFS          # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options     PSEUDOFS        # Pseudo-filesystem framework
options     GEOM_GPT        # GUID Partition Tables.
options     COMPAT_43       # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
#options    COMPAT_FREEBSD4     # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options     SCSI_DELAY=5000 # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options     KTRACE          # ktrace(1) support
options     SYSVSHM         # SYSV-style shared memory
options     SYSVMSG         # SYSV-style message queues
options     SYSVSEM         # SYSV-style semaphores
options     _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time extensions
options     KBD_INSTALL_CDEV    # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options     AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                    # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options     AHD_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                    # output.  Adds ~215k to driver.
options     ADAPTIVE_GIANT      # Giant mutex is adaptive.

# To make an SMP kernel, the next two are needed
#options    SMP     # Symmetric MultiProcessor Kernel
#device     apic        # I/O APIC

#options        DEBUG=-g
#options         INVARIANTS
#options        INVARIANT_SUPPORT
#options         DDB
#options        KDB
#options        KDB_UNATTENDED
#options         WITNESS
#options         WITNESS_KDB
#options        NET_WITH_GIANT

# Bus support.  Do not remove isa, even if you have no isa slots
device      isa
device      pci

# Floppy drives
device      fdc

# ATA and ATAPI devices
device      ata
device      atadisk     # ATA disk drives
device      ataraid     # ATA RAID drives
device      atapicd     # ATAPI CDROM drives
device      atapifd     # ATAPI floppy drives
device      atapist     # ATAPI tape drives
options     ATA_STATIC_ID   # Static device numbering

# SCSI peripherals
device      scbus       # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device      ch      # SCSI media changers
device      da      # Direct Access (disks)
device      sa      # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device      cd      # CD
device      pass        # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
device      ses     # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)

# RAID controllers interfaced to the SCSI subsystem
device      asr     # DPT SmartRAID V, VI and Adaptec SCSI RAID

# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device      atkbdc      # AT keyboard controller
device      atkbd       # AT keyboard
device      psm     # PS/2 mouse

device      vga     # VGA video card driver

device      splash      # Splash screen and screen saver support

# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device      sc

#device     agp     # support several AGP chipsets

# Floating point support - do not disable.
device      npx

# Power management support (see NOTES for more options)
#device     apm
# Add suspend/resume support for the i8254.
device      pmtimer

# Serial (COM) ports
device      sio     # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports

# If you've got a "dumb" serial or parallel PCI card that is
# supported by the puc(4) glue driver, uncomment the following
# line to enable it (connects to the sio and/or ppc drivers):
#device         puc

# PCI Ethernet NICs that use the common MII bus controller code.
# NOTE: Be sure to keep the 'device miibus' line in order to use these NICs!
device      miibus      # MII bus support
device      fxp     # Intel EtherExpress PRO/100B (82557, 82558)

# Pseudo devices.
device      loop        # Network loopback
device      mem     # Memory and kernel memory devices
device      io      # I/O device
device      random      # Entropy device
device      ether       # Ethernet support
device      sl      # Kernel SLIP
device      ppp     # Kernel PPP
device      tun     # Packet tunnel.
device      pty     # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device      md      # Memory "disks"

# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
device      bpf     # Berkeley packet filter

options         IPFIREWALL
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT

options         SHMMAXPGS=200000
options         SHMMNI=4096
options         SHMSEG=4096
options         SEMOPM=300
options         SEMMNI=250
options         SEMMAP=250
options         SEMMSL=300
options         SEMMNS=35000
options         SEMUME=40
options         SEMMNU=120

options         MAXDSIZ="(850*1024*1024)"
options         MAXSSIZ="(850*1024*1024)"
options         DFLDSIZ="(850*1024*1024)"
#options         PMAP_SHPGPERPROC=501

--
Vlad