Re: panic: sorele

From: Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen_at_ispro.net.tr>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 17:01:50 -0700
Well, I only have squid in my machine and although I have 1 cpu. I am
using hyperthreading. So probably the problem is associated with SMP as
Vlad mentioned. I didnt try to compile kernel without SMP but I will try
it next time my proxy crash. I also do not want anymore crashes on my
production server.

I have lots of parts of the GENERIC kernel conf file commented out but
these are my additions to GENERIC kernel below.

Funny coincidence because I also mingled with process size things in my
box as Vlad did...Might be something about those?

My squid process is about 1500mbyte now so... I needed to increase the
maximum process size and I needed to adjust shared memory stuff because
of the requirements of diskd of squid.

By the way, what is the difference between
options         MAXDSIZ="(2048UL*1024*1024)"
and
options         MAXDSIZ="(850*1024*1024)"
I mean the UL part :)

Evren

#My Additions

# ACPI support
device          acpi

# To include support for VESA video modes
options         VESA

#Snoop device - to look at pty/vty/etc..
device          snp

#binary compatibility
options         COMPAT_AOUT

#firewall
options         IPFIREWALL
#forward
options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
#allow everything by default
options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT

#set process memory usage limits
options         MAXDSIZ="(2048UL*1024*1024)"
options         MAXSSIZ="(2048UL*1024*1024)"
options         DFLDSIZ="(2048UL*1024*1024)"

#squid diskd
options         MSGMNB=8192     # max # of bytes in a queue
options         MSGMNI=64       # number of message queue identifiers
options         MSGSEG=512      # number of message segments per queue
options         MSGSSZ=64       # size of a message segment
options         MSGTQL=4096     # max messages in system