RE: PE2850 + FreeBSD 5.3-BETA6 - Keyboard not working

From: <Muthu_T_at_Dell.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 01:40:06 -0500

information that the PS/2 keyboard works in
>single user mode was critical.  The root problem is that you can have
one and only one console keyboard
>today.  I'm working on fixing that, but it's going to take time.  For
now we're attemting to work around this >problem by making ukbd0 the
console keyboard in multiuser mode via devd rules.
>In your case this backfires because ukbd0 is your DRAC card not yoru
external USB keyboard.  A workaround
>that should work in your case is to boot into single user and comment
out the ukbd related lines in >/etc/devd.conf.  Then your PS/2 keyboard
will remain your console keyboard.

Commenting out the ukbd0 stuff in /etc/devd.conf does the magic. Now
PS/2 keyboard is working fine!

Installed the 64bit version of FreeBSD on this m/c. Running without any
issue. Wonderful Job! :-)

Thanks.

--T. Muthu Mohan