Re: Bug in #! processing

From: David G. Lawrence <dg_at_dglawrence.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 05:48:10 -0700
>     What circular reference? Could you elaborate? The algorithm goes like this:
>
>     1. skip all space till #!

   The #! is required to be in the first two bytes of the file, so there
can't be any spaces before it. I wrote the code you guys are talking about,
although I had nothing to do with the commit in rev 1.21. I don't have an
opinion on that other than it's been this way in FreeBSD for a long time
and I share Ceri's concern that changing it will affect some people.

-DG

David G. Lawrence
President
Download Technologies, Inc. - http://www.downloadtech.com - (866) 399 8500
TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com - (888) 346 7175
The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
Pave the road of life with opportunities.