Re: freebsd naming of releases

From: Erich Dollansky <oceanare_at_pacific.net.sg>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 20:32:47 +0800
Hi,

Holger Kipp wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 28, 2005 at 04:58:21AM +0100, Chris wrote:
>
> We had this type of discussion already several times. Search the
> archive for corresponding posts. This discussion is pointless and
> only wastes bandwith.

It looks like that it was not accepted by somebody that ...

> The real problem is that people do not read and/or think.

people do not read and do not think.

Nearly all other software I know uses the naming schema of alpha, beta
and gamma respective final.

Why should people start thinking and reading if all could be included in
a single word?

> A different naming scheme won't change that.

Yes, I agree. But why do you want to achieve the impossible?

Erich