{t,p}typ-related functions doesn't seem to work on -CURRENT

From: Vladimir Kushnir <vkushnir_at_i.kiev.ua>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 02:16:55 +0300
Hello,
Sorry if this is off-topic (I suppose it is, but still,, :-)
It looks like after recent commits WRT major's pseudo-terminal functions
(ptsname, in particular, perhaps others as well) doesn't work for some
reason. At least, under KDE I'm getting messages like:

/usr/local/bin/kgrantpty: found '/dev/ttyP0' not to be a character device.
kdecore ( KProcess ) : WARNING: chownpty failed for
device /dev/ptyp0::/dev/ttyp0

Note "/dev/ttyP0" in kgrantpty (using ttyname/ptsname but NOT using hardcoded
major/minor numbers) output - it's totally random, actually, and completely
unrelated to real devs.

Regards,
Vladimir