Serial console install

From: Sławek Żak <slawek.zak_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:07:05 +0200
Hi,

I'd like to ask what's the reason behind requiring a keyboard during
FreeBSD install. Headless configuration is the most common in
datacenters and toying with KVM and VGA cable is often a no-no
(distance in the issue my case).

Therefore why don't we introduce a prompt in the CD loader saying:

"Press any key to install from video console..."

Now wait 30s. If no key is pressed boot with console=comconsole.

It would make my life sooo much easier and won't confuse noobs too much.

Thanks, /S
--
Sławek Żak / UNIX Systems Administrator