Re: Call for FreeBSD status reports

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 17:45:26 +0200
On Saturday 09 April 2005 17:18, Diomidis Spinellis wrote:
> Max Laier wrote:
> > The new features from last time (categories and task-list) will be
> > available, again.  As a reminder the available categories are listed
> > bellow.  Please feel free to suggest additional entries:
> >
> > proj   - Projects (non-specific)
> > docs   - Documentation
> > kern   - Kernel
> > arch   - Architectures
> > ports  - Ports
> > vendor - Vendor / 3rd party software
> > misc   - Miscellaneous
>
> By comparing the categories to those of GNATS three I see missing are:
>
> bin	- Userland programs

Yes, I will add that.  Send your reports! ;)

> www	- FreeBSD web site

In my opinion, status reports about changes there fit the "docs" category.
Too fine-grained classification does not make too much sense here nor do I
except more than one or two reports in this category.  This is why I think
it's justified to keep it merged with "docs".

> advocacy- Spreading out the word

This one is a common dominator and idea behind the status reports.  Special
advocacy events - such as conference announcement - should probably go to
"misc" where everybody will see them.  I am not convinced that we need this
separately.

However, nothing is finally here, if people submit a lot "foobar" reports, we
will create a category for them.

--
/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
 X   http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/  | mlaier_at_EFnet