Re: [HEADSUP] End of life for if_mn and musycc G.703 drivers.

From: Milan Obuch <bsd_at_dino.sk>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:12:25 +0200
On Thursday 14 April 2005 16:01, Andre Oppermann wrote:
> Milan Obuch wrote:
> >>
> >>You can kill this driver for good.
> >>
> >>We have written a new much more featured driver for this chip for
> >>our upcoming single/dual T1/E1 card doing unchannelized/channelized/
> >>fractional/G.703/G.704/PRI and whatnot including Asterisk support.
> >
> > Where can we get info about it? As long as we do not have anything
> > better, we need if_mn. And what does exactly 'upcoming' mean? How long do
> > we need wait?
>
> Do you actually use the current driver?  And PHK only wants to yank it from
> -current, not from 5.x.

Actually our production use is still 4.10-RELEASE, we are preparing to move to
5.4-RELEASE as soon as it will be available and we could port our system.
So I have no troubles with removing if_mn in favor for something better/more
featurefull in current. I just want to know about new driver, new cards and
their possibilities. My original response was just to rise awareness of
production use of the feature, which we consider important for our bussiness.
If better replacement is ready, then everything is OK. Or even better.
Regards,
Milan