Re: promise fasttrak tx 4200

From: tofik suleymanov <tofik_at_oxygen.az>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:16:34 +0500
Damian Gerow wrote:

>Thus spake Tofik Suleymanov (tofik_at_oxygen.az) [17/04/05 08:05]:
>: >Does anyone know more about support for the promise fasttrak tx 4200? It
>: >isn't in the current.
>:
>: We've got fasttrack tx2200 (the same chipset as 4400) and it not
>: recognized at all on 5.3-RELEASE.
>: I am also interested in any information about support of this hardware
>: on RELENG_5.
>
>Have you tried applying the ATA mkIII patchset?  I've been running with a
>TX2200 for a month handling NFS (albeit, low volume) and the patchset
>without any issues whatsoever, and the card is fully supported.

I did apply the patch successfully,but yet couldnt manage to work two
sata controllers in following scheme:
let's say
A - sata controller that comes on motherboard (works fine with generic
kernel)
B - tx2200 fasttrack on pci interface (doesnt work with generic,but
works after Soren's mkIII patch)
each sata controller has two drives attached in mirroring mode.So,we
have two mirrors on each controller.
If i boot with the patched kernel it sees my tx2200 fasttrack
controller,but cant find root fs to continue loading.For some
reason,raid array on motherboard sata controller doesnt seem to come up.

Need to say,that mirror on motherboard controller is defined with
common atacontrol,not the patched one.Maybe this is the reason of the
problem ?