RE: New driver loading scheme for Project Evil, need input

From: Daryl Chance <dchance_at_e-ins.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:44:09 -0400
> The end result is that installing a Windows driver should be as simple
> as:
>
> - run the script
> - give it your foo.inf and foo.sys files when it asks you
> - it spits out a foo_sys.ko module and you kldload it
> - the end

What if you did something like portinstall does, and list all the paths
that the .inf and .sys coexists and have you answer no or yes to that
path?

root_at_ns1# portinstall jakarta-tomcat
--->  Found 4 ports matching 'jakarta-tomcat':
        www/jakarta-tomcat3
        www/jakarta-tomcat4
        www/jakarta-tomcat41
        www/jakarta-tomcat5
Install 'www/jakarta-tomcat3'? [yes]

Thoughts?  I'm not sure if it would be easier to write the code to
search the disk, or write the code to take the input and check to make
sure the path exists and error out if it doesn't, etc etc :).

Daryl

This email has been scanned by MessageLabs on behalf of E-INS