Re: library problems with -CURRENT

From: Gary Jennejohn <garyj_at_jennejohn.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 18:06:42 +0200
Lars Engels writes:
> Hi all!
>
> I just upgraded my 5.4-PRERELEASE notebook to -CURRENT.
> Compilation and installation went fine, but when I try to start firefox,
> gkrellm and even portupgrade I get the following error message:
> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1: Undefined symbol
> "i386_get_gsbase"
>
> Is there something i have not spotted in UPDATING?
>
> System:  FreeBSD 6.0-CURRENT #5: Wed Apr 20 23:21:11 CEST 2005

It's not in UPDATING, but a change was recently made (can't say exactly
when) which affects %gs/%fs. If you're using -current then you really
should watch the commits, too!

You'll have to recompile these ports, I suspect. Interestingly, my old
gkrellm still runs just fine with a new world from yesterday, but I had
to reinstall transcode.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg garyjATdenxDOTde