Re: FreeBSD 6 is coming too fast

From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad_at_shire.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:19:59 -0600
On Apr 25, 2005, at 4:54 AM, /dev/null wrote:

> Of all things, it was the AHA-2940 that killed
> the whole thing. It just kept polling and resetting the drives. Never
> brought 'em up. So now Win2k Advanced Server lives on it. GRRRRRRR >:(
> Anyway, don't get me started. ;)
>  But don't get me wrong. I'm truly greatful for your answer - REALLY.
> I'm actually waiting for SIX to level out so I can take another
> stab at
> it and remove another copy of Winblows. This time I'll try to take
> advantage of the UDMA 100 on the SMP board, and when the AHA-2940UW
> drivers start working on an SMP (in 6?), I can add the SCSI devices
> then.

I don't have it running now, as I am using am Adaptec 2200S RAID, but
for a LONG time I had SMP FreeBSD with the 2940UW without issue and
problem.  In fact, I just switched off the last such box in January,
which had a 2100S RAID for the main disks and a 2940UW for the swap
disk.

Maybe your card was flaky or maybe it was an OEM specific version?

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider