Re: SMP on Compaq DL380

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:13:21 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 25 Apr 2005, Matthew Sullivan wrote:

> Nate Lawson wrote:
>

> > I'd like to see the acpidump -t -d > matthew.asl
>
> http://scorpion.sorbs.net/matthew.asl
>

> > There definitely is a problem when you have identical APIC ids.  We
> > already blacklist one version of this BIOS.
> >
> That's not something I wanted to here right now... :-(

Are you __sure__ you're booting the right kernel?
http://scorpion.sorbs.net/dmesg.txt shows a kernel that does not have SMP
nor APIC enabled.  I'm still seeing ISA interrupt routing rather than APIC
mappings.  And as noted previously the APIC IDs are not set which means
they are not enabled.  (APIC IDs are always >0.)

What is the output of 'sysctl kern.smp'?

Have you tried booting without ACPI?