Re: when will pci hotplug in Freebsd

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_samsco.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:12:23 -0600
kylin wrote:
> hello,every one ,
> just now i have read the FreeBSD status report of march and april
> ,also ,i have read the "plan for next 12 months"by o'Dell
> it is a pity that i do not see any thing about the pci hotplug which i
> am very interested in ,
> so ,I wonder if the freebsd 5.4 or later version will support PCI
> hotplug, if there is long time enought before the official providing
> utility,i may develop it on my own, or i will just wait asn see :)
> welcom to  give me some advice!
> thank u:)

Which PCI Hotplug do you want?  Do you want the one ACPI version that
in only supported on a few ia64 systems?  Do you want the PCI-SIG
version that's supported by no one?  Or do you want the Compaq version
that isn't documented except in Linux driver sources?  What about the
Dell version?  Or IBM?  Also, do you want storage and network devices
to behave correctly when they are hot-pulled?  The work here is far
from trivial, but I'd happily accept volunteers that want to start on
it =-)

Scott