Re: when will pci hotplug in Freebsd

From: kylin <fierykylin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:44:14 +0800

--
we who r about to die,salute u!

thank you for your opinions, that encourage me very much !since so
broad a topic is , i would rather Devide and Quanqer:)
that is:
1    i will start with the native hotplug of pci express ,which has a
very standard hardware interface and usage model. And among so many IO
devices ,
i would rather start first with the PCI Express SLOT hotplug,putting
something like scsi a little later.
2    there are few mainboard that support pci express hotplug nowadays
,but i found one which maybe useful:
that is the intel E7520AF2 server board using the E7520 chipset.now
the Dell PowerEdge 2800 is said to support pci express hotplug ,but
till now i doubt the bios of the 2800 do not support ACPI _OSC or OSHP
method yet.
i am contacting with dell now
3    according to linux and openbsd ,hotplug archtecture is rather
clear ,  a thread waiting for the interrupt from the slot  ,do the
init and driver-attaching then leaves it to userspace

4    i am so small and fragile ,so any gentlemen would like help are
warmly welcome!!

--
we who r about to die,salute u!