Re: how to set dumpdev

From: Thierry Herbelot <thierry_at_herbelot.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 12:09:44 +0200
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005, Danny Braniss wrote:
> > 	i can't use dumpon, since the kernel is panicking on boot, so

Hello,

There used to be a "dump" directive in the kernel config file (config root on
XXX swap on YYY dump on ZZZ), but I can't find any trace in our kernel or in
current config file of NetBSD or OpenBSD (time to resurrect the option ?).

In your case, this kind of hardwired configuration knob would certainly be
handy (I've looked at the code in dumpon.c : the dump device is selected via
an IOCTL and not a loader-tunable sysctl flag : too bad).

	TfH