Re: Panic during install on Sparc64 - Only with large HDD

From: Chris Gilbert <Chris_at_LainOS.org>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:47:41 +0200
Hi Søren,

Thanks a bunch for your reply!

Yea, I thought it may have been a 137GB limitation, I wasn't positive though.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Also, shouldn't we modify the output with a dev_printf or something of the
like on device init to note this if the drive attached is > 137GB?

It would seem a shame for this tread to be brought up over and over because
people like myself didn't know any better. :)

Also, some users had reported success by removing the CDROM drive, putting in
an 40 pin cable, etc.

I tried all of these and while they did seem to fix other unrelated issues,
they did not effect the problem at hand.

Perhaps also a proper solution would be to report attached drives on it in DMA
mode which are > 137GB as 137GB.

At least this way it would be less likely to generate PRs and would
successfully install FreeBSD.

Thanks again for the feedback.

OT: Also, judging by your name/domain it would appear you are here in Denmark.
If/when you get the chance to implement that PIO override let me know, and
next time you are in the Copenhagen area I'll buy you a beer. :)

--
Thanks,
Chris (Lance) Gilbert