Re: mounting device acd0t01

From: Chris Gilbert <Chris_at_LainOS.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:15:59 +0200
Well, AFAIK, *cd*t* (like acd0t01) are for multisession disks.

I have personally only ever seen this when dealing with audio CDs, with
a tXX for every audio track.

You shouldn't have to mount those at all.

Mounting it as a ISO CD9660 filesystem is impossible if it is an audio
CD, since the data in those tracks is PCM and not a filesystem. (obviously)

If it's a data CD however, then you should be able to mount it provided
the disc was made correctly.

Personally though, I've never seen a multisession data disc show up in
this fashion... perhaps someone else has.
(A quick read of the manpage for acd shows:  "/dev/acd*
ATAPI CD-ROM device nodes" so I can't be sure.)

About the panic... if  it is in fact an audio CD, it would seem that
some sort of sanity checking is missing in the mounting.

 In previous versions of FreeBSD it simply returned an error saying it
was not a CD9660 filesystem.

When I get home tonight I'll try and mount an audio cd in the same
fashion and see if I get the same panic.

Best of Luck!

--
Regards,
Chris Gilbert