Re: mounting device acd0t01

From: Ádám Szilveszter dr. <adam_at_nhh.hu>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 12:26:25 +0200
Hello,

Chris Gilbert wrote on 2005.08.15 12:15:59:

> Well, AFAIK, *cd*t* (like acd0t01) are for multisession disks.
>
> I have personally only ever seen this when dealing with audio CDs, with
> a tXX for every audio track.
>
> You shouldn't have to mount those at all.
>
> Mounting it as a ISO CD9660 filesystem is impossible if it is an audio
> CD, since the data in those tracks is PCM and not a filesystem.
(obviously)

Except if it is one of those mixed mode CDs that contain numerous audio
tracks and then some multimedia bonus material at the end. In this case I
need to mount the multimedia part which is normal ISO9660 fs. In very old
days, with the wcd* driver, this used to be possible. But recently,
beginning with 4.x and then on 5.0-CURRENT and early 6.0-CURRENT, I either
got an error message, or in some cases even a panic. (I have not tested
with -CURRENT lately, but will soon just as a datapoint)

Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Budapest Hungary