Re: Unable to build libedit

From: Phil Oleson <oz_at_nixil.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:16:30 -0600
Stefan Farfeleder wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2005 at 01:00:48PM -0600, Phil Oleson wrote:
>
>>Personally, I'm still unsure why we have histedit.h pre-installed in
>>src/include.  This might be showing my ignorance of some of the build
>>mechanisms in the main src tree, but wouldn't this work out better if
>>histedit.h was located in src/lib/libedit until install time?
>

> I guess the reason for putting most headers into src/include is that it
> prevents dozens of -I paths while building.
>
> Stefan

well, I was looking at the Makefile in src/lib/libedit and it only uses
'CFLAGS+= -I. -I${.CURDIR}',  So in the upgrade case it wouldn't find
the histedit.h in /usr/obj/usr/src/tmp/usr/include.  Though now that I
think about it, I can see where the -I paths for other base system apps
that use libedit would suffer (sh,tftp,fsdb,cdcontrol,lpr-lpc).  I think
an additional -I needs to be added to the libedit Makefile, something
like -I${WORLDTMP}/usr/include ??

	Phil.