Re: XFS for FreeBSD, new snapshot available

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 03:36:56 -0500
On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 12:51:55AM -0700, Jon Dama wrote:
> On another note though (and I don't claim this applies in this case), the
> gradual adoption of the practice by various developers to squirrel away
> changes to FreeBSD in their private repositories is responsible for a
> substantial loss in quality in the subsequent releases.

There is always a continual tension between releasing things that
really aren't ready for wide distribution yet, and and keeping new
functionality isolated.  This is true of any software artifact, not
just FreeBSD.

The fact is that some people will assume that if something is in the
main tree, that it has achieved some degree of stability.  Is it fair
of them to do so?  You decide.

mcl