Re: XFS for FreeBSD, new snapshot available

From: David O'Brien <obrien_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 16:01:10 -0700
On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 10:37:41AM -0400, Craig Rodrigues wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 04:00:42PM +0300, Maxim Sobolev wrote:
> > >You'll get more feedback if the code is in the tree, and there is
> > >precedent for committing filessystems without write support.
>
> While I understand that this has been done for other filesystems,
> I am not going to put XFS into the FreeBSD tree until I feel
> that it is ready.

Such a situation has doomed several other kernel code projects in the
past.  You will have to continuously play catchup to kernel changes that
otherwise would be made by the committer that made infrastructure
changes.  Please consider having this FS code committed at least to HEAD.

--
-- David  (obrien_at_FreeBSD.org)