Re: fontsize and dpi

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 15:31:11 +0200
Michael Nottebrock <lofi_at_freebsd.org> writes:
> On Tuesday, 23. August 2005 15:52, Oliver Fromme wrote:
> > I haven't seen any cases recently where the DPI was set correctly
> > by default.
> The key to DPMS-assisted dpi detection [...]

DPMS has nothing to do with display size or resolution.  It's short
for Display Power Management Signaling and is a standard for using the
hsync and vsync pins on the VGA connector to instruct the monitor to
turn itself off when the screensaver kicks in or the machine suspends
or whatever.

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no