kbdmux(4) freezing the system

From: Ulrich Spoerlein <q_at_galgenberg.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 22:41:39 +0200
Hi all,

I tried using kbdmux(4) and after a lot of fiddling with rc.d/syscons
and devd.conf I worked out a solution that more or less works for me.

Sadly, in the two days I've been using kdbmux(4) I had my box freeze
suddenly several times. This almost always happened when I was using the
touchpad (and no other keyboard present). I have no panic strings or
dumps or whatsoever, since it always happened in X and somehow I can't
reproduce how to get a DDB prompt via Firewire.

So, are there any users of kbdmux out there? Are there any known
problems with system freezes? (I'm running RELENG_6 btw).

I stopped using kbdmux(4) for now and not another freeze occurred, so it
strongly points to kbdmux being the culprit.

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: F0DB9F44				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: F1CE D062 0CA9 ADE3 349B  2FE8 980A C6B5 F0DB 9F44