Re: FreeBSD-6-BETA3 broken with ports/audio/aureal-kmod; ports/graphics/linux_dri not working.

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 14:15:59 -0500
On Mon, Aug 29, 2005 at 04:47:08PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> I also don't think we should switch the [linux-base] default such short
> before a release without important reasons (like the security reason
> which was the cause of the change from 7.x to 8.0).

portmgr would not approve such a switch.  At this late date we would have
to go through a re-freeze, entire regression test, and re-tag.  Since we
have already unthawed the tree, and there have been hundreds of commits,
it would take weeks before things calmed down again.

The 7->8 switch at least happened before an unthaw.

mcl