Silicon Image Sil 3112 SATARaid Controller

From: <Sosec2001_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2005 20:44:09 EDT
I Happen To see Your Message Do You Think I Can Accomplish This Going This Way
I Have An Asus Motherboard With 3112 Raid Controller Built In. I Did Not Set
Them Up For Raid Configuration. I am Using Windows XP Pro Sp2 I. Want To Add
Another 3112 PCI Card To Give Me 2 More SATA Inputs. My System Is Already
Operational With The Internal 3112. Will I Have Any Problems Adding This New card?
I Want to Add another Raptor Drive And A SATA Plextor 16 x DVD DVD RW Drive.
Not In The Raid configuration. I Just Want To Add another Harddrive To Clone To
For Backups.
My Mb model Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. I Can't Flash The BIOS Or My System Crashes
And Some Of The Programs I Have On This Computer Can't Be Reactivated. So I
Went Back To The BIOS It Had When XP Pro Was Installed For The First Time. This
Is The NTFS File System.

Name David Bernstein
4937 N.W. Foxworth Ave.
Port saint Lucie, FL 34983
Ph 772-878-6769
Fx 772-878-8434
Thank You For Your cooperation In This Matter.
Hope This Will Work Without Any Problems.
I Have 3 Open PCI Slots.
I Have A PCI 3112 Controller Board with SATA Cable.
If I Plug It In To A PCI Slot Will It Come UP Just Like Any other Device Does
When It Is Installed For The First Time. I Have Drivers Already In XP For The
Onboard 3112 Controller Chip And I Am Booting From The First SATA Raptor
Drive At The Present Time, And The Second Raptor Drive Is Used For My Swap File
And Temp Video Data. Will There Be Any Conflicts With Using Them Both Being A
3112 Host Controller Chip And PCI Card Together Working At The Same Time.